Astragalus （黄芪） is a commonly used herb with many benefits, which are mainly produced in Northern China and Northeast China, such as (Shanxi, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, etc.).
The benefits of Astragalus are as follows:
1. Astragalus has a good qi-replenishing effect. For symptoms such as lack of energy on the body, lack of energy to speak, and pale complexion, Astragalus can be used to treat the deficiency of spleen and lungs.
2. Astragalus can dilate blood vessels and improve blood circulation, so as to achieve the effect of beauty and muscle growth.
3. The roots of Astragalus have the effects of detoxification, diuresis and swelling.
4. Astragalus also be quite effective to symptoms such as poor sleep, night dreams and night sweats caused by physical weakness and qi deficiency, because astragalus is lukewarm in nature which nourishes qi and nourishes blood.
Side effects of astragalus
As we all know, the side effects of traditional Chinese medicine are much smaller than western medicine, but if the traditional Chinese medicine is used improperly, certain side effects will also occur. Astragalus is a common Chinese medicine. In the process of using it, pay attention to the method of use and the contraindications of compatibility, otherwise the side effects of Astragalus will aggravate the condition.
1. First of all, after eating astragalus, it is easy to get heaty, and symptoms such as flushing and dry mouth and tongue may appear.
2. People with kidney disease can't use Astragalus, because kidney disease belongs to yin deficiency, dampness and heat, and people with heat toxins in the body will have toxic side effects after using Astragalus.
3. If there are symptoms of yin deficiency such as dry mouth and pharynx, waist soreness, fever in palms and feet, insomnia, dreams and night sweats, astragalus should not be used. Because astragalus is slightly heaty in nature, patients with yin deficiency will cause heatiness after use.
4. If you have sores on your body, you can't use astragalus, because sores mean that you have heat toxins on your body.
5. If it is necessary to use Astragalus, it needs to be compatible with other Chinese medicines. Patients with yin deficiency need to mix Ophiopogon, Rehmannia, Polygonatum, Shengdi, Asparagus, Scrophulariaceae, etc. These Chinese herbs have the effect of nourishing yin; patients with damp-heat need to be matched with Yin. Chen, Coptis, Scutellaria, etc., these Chinese herbs have the effect of clearing and eliminating damp-heat; patients with heat toxins on the body should be matched with Patriniaceae, Coptis, Rhubarb, Gardenia, etc. These Chinese herbs have the effect of clearing heat and detoxification.
6. In addition, when using Astragalus, you must not use too much, and use with caution when you have fever, insufficient Yin Qi, or body pain.